Everybody knows they should invest in stock market, banks, oil companies, real estate, etc, but what about “the next big thing”, the latest trends in businesses that might make you a millionaire if you recognize their potential before others do. Our analysis shows that these 7 businesses are worth investing in this year.
- Online Gambling: with millions of users and billions in profits, online gambling shows no signs of decline. We’ve already dedicated an article to how lucrative investing in gambling can be, but while the number of physical machines tend to drop, online gambling has an uninterrupted growing trend and plenty of space for investment. If you want to see for yourself what’s it all about, take a look at BGO bonuses and promotions, giving new players an opportunity to try various games for free.
- Artificial Intelligence: poised for explosive growth, Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are already becoming increasingly present in everyday life. It is a blooming field with a huge diversity of applications including virtual assistants (e.g. Alexa or Cortana), automated customer service, self-driving cars, big data analysis, robotics, video games, and much more. Statista estimates the revenues from AI industry on the global market will grow from less than $1.4 billion in value in 2016 to almost $60 billion in 2025. The future is smart.
- Peer-to Peer Lending: with companies like Prosper and Lending Club, you’re able to lend money to individuals in small increments as if you were the bank. The money you invest is divided into increments as small as $25 over hundreds or even thousands of loans. The rate of return is pretty neat – usually upward of 6% or more. At the same time, the risk of losing your investment is significantly decreased by the fact that you are not lending people you don’t know large sums of money.
- Freelancing: Companies are increasingly discovering the benefits of outsourcing work to contract workers and freelancers to fill the skill gaps in their staff. Freelancing redefines global workforce and it is here to stay. The number of freelancers using platforms such as Upwork and Freelancer is constantly growing. That is why it is worth investing in businesses that provide freelance services of one sort or another.
- Translation services: with the growth of the global marketplace and cross-cultural communication, there is an increased need for translators. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook estimates that the hiring of translators and interpreters is going to grow at a rapid speed: 46 percent by 2022. Thus, bringing foreign-language speakers together with businesses in need makes for a great business opportunity.
- VR/Mixed Reality: Virtual and mixed reality is an industry that has so far been based primarily on entertainment applications. Devices such as Samsung Gear VR, PlayStation VR, HTC Vive, Google Daydream and the Oculus Rift demonstrate what VR can accomplish and how fast-paced the growth of this industry is. However, innovators are already looking at other possible applications, e.g. in business environments, where mixed reality can make a meeting with remote participants more efficient, and training of workers more safe and cost-effective. Global economic impact of this industry is going to be huge in the following few years.
- Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin’s value exploded in the final quarter of 2017, reaching almost $20,000 per coin, but Litecoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies are also worth a try. Although experts are warning about the markets’ significant volatility, there is reason why the investors have flocked to the industry. Some of these currencies can easily become the next big thing in finance.